Partnering for Learning
We put our vision for government into practice through learning partner projects that align with our values and help reimagine government so that it works for everyone.
Vacancy: Team Senior Coordinator (Maternity cover)
Submit your application
We're looking for an experienced and forward-thinking individual who's ready to hit the ground running and provide an outstanding level of administrative support and coordination to our team.
We have a vacancy for a Team Senior Coordinator based in our London office. You'll provide EA support to four members of the management team which includes diary management, travel and expenses, guest booking, room booking and you'll manage a mix of administrative tasks and projects while keeping the team organised and on track to achieve their goals.
What does the coordinator role involve?
Your role is an integral part of the CPI team. You'll ensure that the management team are ready and prepared for their meetings and provide support once they're finished, prioritising actions and key events and anticipating (and acting on) the future needs of the team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Capturing all management team costs and sending to the Executive Director on a quarterly basis
- Scheduling quarterly Board and relevant sub-committee meetings
- Taking minutes at Board meetings
- Being the point of contact with our Swiss lawyers
- Ensuring all documentation is sent on time and registered correctly
- Preparation of documents for new Board members and resignations
- Before Board meetings collating attendance and sharing with the Executive Director and Chairman
- Being the first point of contact for Board members Executive Assistants
You'll also be responsible for organising internal events, such as away days, strategy day, bookings dinners etc. And you'll be providing support to the external relations coordinator for external events which include logistics, travel and anything else that may be required to support our busy events programme.
As the eyes and ears of the team, you'll be responsible for making sure the team is set up to succeed and assist in keeping our workplace a great place to work. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the new hire process
- Meet and greet new joiners
- Onboard new joiners
- Schedule check-ins with the management team
- Manage leavers process
- Manage team processes and communicate updates
- Collating team absences, planned holiday and notifying clashes in advance
- Ensure wellbeing of staff
You'll also play a big part in supporting the communication team with general administrative tasks. This will include, but not be limited to, organising meetings, seminars and events - attending meetings where appropriate:
- Letter/email writing to VIPs
- CRM updating
- Cover for others on annual leave
- Organising team and cross-team lunches
General admin support
You'll provide general administrative support to the team as well as liaising with external clients and partners. You'll need to have a proactive approach with the ability to use own your initiative and be able to work in a fast paced environment. Other responsibilities include:
- Relationship management BCG staff
- Set up of management meetings involving Support team travel when required
- Management of the info@ mailbox and the info@ calendar
- Manage the internal team feedback process
- Manage team birthday's calendar, gifts etc
Who we are looking for...
We're looking for someone who's well organised and highly motivated. High attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is the ability to work in a logical manner and use initiative to stay one step ahead of the team.
This is a trusted position working with CPI directors and to the board - you will be privy to confidential information and at times called upon for advice on sensitive matters. We are looking for someone who steps up, spots opportunities to make an impact, sees where inefficiencies can be turned around and enjoys a relaxed but hard-working environment.
You'll need to be comfortable using software as you'll be working with several of our in-house IT systems. It's also essential that you have a good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
Details and logistics
This is a maternity cover position at CPI's offices in Canary Wharf. Compensation is competitive.
The Centre for Public Impact is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.