Partnering for Learning
We put our vision for government into practice through learning partner projects that align with our values and help reimagine government so that it works for everyone.
Vacancy: Senior Programme Associate (12-month fixed contract)
Submit your application here: https://www.beapplied.com/apply/elevuvfs5p
Application deadline: We will review the first wave of applications after June 5. Although the position will remain open after that, we strongly recommend applying in time for the first wave of reviews.
Would you like to help governments improve the public impact of their policies? This is your chance…
We have a vacancy for a senior programme associate based in our London office. Working closely with CPI's programme director, the programme manager and other team members, you will work on our research projects and product development and delivery related to government effectiveness. These include:
- Our products designed to help government drive effectiveness in policymaking
- The Public Impact Observatory, the world's largest repository of structured public policy case studies
- Research on the role of AI and legitimacy in government
- Research on the Future of Government
Who we are looking for...
Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Relevant degrees may include, but are not limited to, political science, public administration, sociology, law, business, design, and journalism. An advanced degree (e.g. MA, MPA) is a plus but not required.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who have experience working in government or public administration.
You will be expected to:
- contribute to CPI's thought leadership by producing reports and other forms of research
- work directly with CPI clients and partner organisations to deliver our products and trainings
- manage contacts at external organisations and follow up on leads in government and public policy schools
- contribute to building a fast-paced, agile, entrepreneurial organization
We look for confident and reliable individuals with:
- a demonstrated interest in the workings of government
- strong research and analytical skills
- proven organizational skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple parallel tasks
- ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing (excellent English a prerequisite)
- international experience
- ability to appropriately handle stakeholders of all levels of seniority
- an excellent academic record
We are a young and rapidly growing organisation and offer plenty of opportunities for personal development. We also offer the possibility to work from home one day per week. The position offers the opportunity to attend talks and conferences at other think tanks or universities and to publish your own writing. You will join a small team of former BCG strategy consultants and experienced professionals from other fields.
To thrive at CPI you will:
- bring an entrepreneurial mindset
- be very comfortable with ambiguity
- spot relevant opportunities for CPI
- show initiative
Details and logistics
This is a 12 month full-time position (38 hours per week) at CPI's offices in central London. Compensation is competitive. Note that if applying from abroad, you should ensure that you meet the necessary visa and work permit requirements. CPI is unable to act as a sponsor or provide visa support.
Please note the following:
- We would like a candidate to start as soon as possible, the exact start date is negotiable
- We will review the first wave of applications after 05 June
- First-round interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis shortly after that
- You do not need to be in London for first-round interviews
The Centre for Public Impact is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.