Partnering for Learning
We put our vision for government into practice through learning partner projects that align with our values and help reimagine government so that it works for everyone.
Vacancy: Research Intern
Closes: Fri 9th Dec at 12:00am GMT
Submit your application here
We have a vacancy for a research intern at our rapidly-growing organisation. You will work closely with CPI's programme director and other team members on various research projects related to government effectiveness. You will join a small team of former BCG strategy consultants and experienced professionals from other fields. The precise nature of the internship varies according to the current needs of projects.
Activities may include:
- leading research for the Public Impact Observatory, a database of public policy case studies
- drafting succinct primers on governance topics
- preparing engaging conference presentations
- organising workshops with civil servants
- undertaking statistical analysis
This internship is open to students and graduates at different levels of academic study, including those in bachelor's, master's and PhD programmes. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Relevant degrees may include, but are not limited to, political science, public administration, sociology, law, business, design, journalism and computer science.
We look for confident and reliable individuals with:
- an excellent academic record
- a demonstrated interest in the workings of government
- strong research and analytical skills
- ability communicate effectively verbally and in writing
The Centre for Public Impact (‘CPI') is a not-for-profit foundation, funded by The Boston Consulting Group. We are dedicated to improving the positive impact of governments around the world and offer plenty of opportunities for personal development. The position offers the opportunity to attend talks and conferences at other think tanks or universities and to publish some of your own writing. To thrive at CPI you will:
- bring an entrepreneurial mindset
- spot relevant opportunities for CPI
- show initiative
This is a 3 month full-time position (40 hours per week) at CPI's offices in central London. You will be paid £2'000/month and will need to make your own housing, insurance, and transportation arrangements. Note that if applying from abroad, you should ensure that you meet the necessary visa requirements. CPI is unable to act as a sponsor or provide visa support.
The precise start date is negotiable. Relevant dates include:
- We expect you to begin between 01 January and 01 February 2017
- The closing date for applying to this position is 09 December 2016
- Interviews will be conducted the week of 12 December 2016.
The Centre for Public Impact is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.