The Centre for Public Impact (CPI) is a global not-for-profit organization, launched by Boston Consulting Group, that helps governments and their partners turn ideas into impact. The CPI team in North America works to advance innovative solutions that lead to better outcomes for people. We do this by being:
- a trusted expert voice and source of insight on public impact themes
- a provider of practical tools and advice on how to deliver outcomes for people
- a partner to organizations seeking to drive public impact and social innovation
Through original research and interventions, we aim to help governments and their partners develop strategies, programs, and tools to improve outcomes for the people they serve across communities in North America.
To that end, we are seeking an Associate to support our programs across a portfolio of projects within our City Innovation, Economic Mobility and Government Legitimacy pillars. The Associate will play a key role during a pivotal period for our organization’s growth.
Associate core responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day execution of CPI projects and initiatives, ensuring effective and efficient program delivery
- Conduct research and analysis on how to achieve greater public impact
CPI Strategy and Operations
- Partner with team members to support the development of a strategic operating plan
- Support partnership development efforts to drive organizational growth
- Develop and publish thought leadership that promotes key insights from our research and programs
- Support efforts in identifying platforms to help increase the visibility of CPI and share our work with a wider audience
Position requirements, skills and core competencies
We are seeking a high-potential, impact-minded team member with:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, in either an impact, policy, or service-oriented environment
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. Public policy, economics, government, social entrepreneurship, human-centered design or similar) or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of and passion for public impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience interacting effectively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage internal and external relationships
We are a young and rapidly growing organization and offer ample opportunities for growth and personal development. To thrive at CPI, you will be:
- intellectually curious and excited by innovative approaches to big challenges
- entrepreneurially-minded, with a passion for building an organization
- a proactive self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
- energized by tackling tough challenges in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
- a believer in the positive potential of government to catalyze impact
- a culture builder in fostering diversity, inclusion and human equity across a team
- humble, empathetic, and good-humored
This position will be located in the Washington, DC area.
The application milestones are as follows:
- An optional virtual information session will be held on Tuesday, September 10th from 11am-12pm EST. To RSVP, click the link here.
- The submission deadline will be Tuesday, September 17th at 11:59pm EST.
- Offers will be finalized by early October.