- 2018 has been a year of tough challenges for govts everywhere. Discover how @CPI_Foundation has been working to help achieve public impact.
- .@CPI_Foundation is exploring how #enablement is increasingly challenging the traditional services delivery model.
- Learn how @CPI_Foundation can offer up new ways to overcome policy obstacles and achieve the positive impact citizens deserve.
2018 was a year of tough challenges for governments everywhere.
We’ve been taking our practical help and insights around the world to help you address some of these challenges and unlock the positive power of government.
We asked ourselves the big questions and came up with practical answers to help you achieve public impact.
Can government be more human? In 2018, we dug deep to understand what governments can do to build better relationships with citizens. One of the toughest questions for government today relates to their legitimacy – how to think about it, how to solve it, how to understand it and how to strengthen it. To find answers to these questions, we launched our report and worldwide project #FindingLegitimacy. Our conversations this year have focussed on giving people, especially the often voiceless young, the space to speak and be heard.
There is a lot of hype around Artificial Intelligence (AI) and how it can change the world. We launched our AI report, ‘How to make AI work in government and for people‘ at The Tallinn Digital Summit to share our thinking on AI and provide a realistic approach and action plan for the public sector to fulfil AI’s potential as a tool for government and citizens.
The traditional service delivery model is increasingly being challenged by an enablement mindset. As part of our Future of Government project, we have been exploring this shift towards enablement and its implications for how the public sector can achieve the outcomes that matter to citizens through public services.
Tools to help you achieve public impact
The Public Impact Fundamentals. Legitimacy, Policy and Action are at the heart of how we help achieve public Impact.
We’ve launched our solutions to help you to practically apply the Fundamentals to your policy challenges and discover new ways to overcome obstacles and achieve the positive impact citizens deserve.
Our growth and influence globally
Our voice is growing and we took our practical help and insights into some great places. Highlights include:
- OECD Integrity and Anti-Corruption Forum
- World Government Summit
- Global Government Summit
- One Team Gov
- Tallinn Digital Summit
We’re proud to have offices based in Europe, Latin America, North America and we are now building our presence in Australia…. as well as working all over the world with you.
Though the challenges are harder than ever… We believe in you and the potential of governments to achieve better outcomes for people.
We are here to help you.
And together we can achieve public impact.
- The Future of Government is moral, says Victoria’s most senior civil servant: Chris Eccles tells us why he feels the moral dimension of government has never been expressly articulated.
- Less management, more care: a Dutch nursing revolution reaches the UK. Brendan Martin tells us how he plans to spread the Buurtzorg model to the UK and beyond and revolutionise nursing with the enablement mindset.
- Enablement: how governments can achieve more by letting go. The traditional service delivery model is increasingly being challenged by an enablement mindset
- The Future of Government. CPI is exploring what the future of government should look like and what it will do. Help shape what comes next.
- REPORT: Government must be made more human or risk becoming irrelevant – our new report shows how #FindingLegitimacy. Nadine Smith reports on CPI’s new report on finding the human in government
- Becoming a more human government – five behaviours for greater legitimacy. Magdalena Kuenkel reports on CPI’s new report on how governments can change their behaviour to strengthen their legitimacy
- REPORT: How to make AI work in government and for people
- How governments can secure legitimacy for their AI systems. We need to be realistic about the potential of AI. Margot Gagliani explores why it is not a panacea for all the world’s problems in our latest guide “How to make AI work in government and for people”